About- Kristie L. Finnan, RD, LDN
Hello! I’m Kristie. I specialize in Celiac disease, food intolerances/allergies, IBS (FODMAP diet,)💩 gastrointestinal disorders, sports nutrition, auto-immune diseases, ADHD & happy/healthy living.
I love food! I believe that food should taste good and is something we should all LOVE. I’m not a fan of over processed foods, food dyes or artificial flavors. I don’t like “diets.” I like to teach others about foods that can make them healthier and help them with strategies to manage their own wellness. I am a fan of real whole foods and love to experiment in the kitchen and especially bake! Julia Child is my all time favorite Chef because that woman just loved to have fun with her food. I love gardening, am a member of a CSA and buy most foods organic and local when possible.
I became extremely interested in food intolerances when my own son presented with some unexplained neurologic/respiratory symptoms. After eliminating several culprit foods and additives, his symptoms diminished! My daughter tested positive for Celiac almost 2 years ago. My nephew also has Celiac disease. This personal connection to the disease helps me help others with gluten issues. I love helping people figure out what TO eat vs just telling them what not to eat.We have been living mostly organic and gluten free at our house for 5+ years.
I graduated from Penn State in 1994 with a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Nutrition. I then went to graduate school in Boston where I was working on my MEd in Nutrition, completed my Dietetic Internship and became a Registered Dietitian.
After my internship, I took a job doing osteoporosis research which sideswiped me into a 15 year career in the pharmaceutical/biotech world. During that time, I saw first hand how important the role of food plays in our daily lives and how what we eat (or don’t eat) can contribute to many different diseases. Most of my 15 years in pharma/biotech I worked with immunology products (vaccines & a monoclonal antibody therapy for Psoriasis) The last two years in Biotech, I worked in oncology. After several “ah-ha” moments, I knew it was time to follow my heart and go back to working in preventative healthcare, Nutrition.
In 2011, I started this private practice. I work full time as a Registered and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist Nutritionist (RDN,LDN) at my office, Eat Right Bucks County in Doylestown, PA. I also teach therapeutic Nutrition at DeSales University. I’m thrilled to work with Davida Kleinman, MA, RDN, LDN and Andrea Young RDN, LDN who are also both working passionately at my office too to make Bucks County a healthier community!
I also blog at www.KristieFinnan.com. There I share Nutrition information, recipes, my life and things I just love with others online. Because I LOVE baking and dessert is something all celiac and gluten intolerant people struggle with, I’ll be sure to post some yummy GF dessert recipes there too!
When I’m not working, I just love having everyday fun with my 3 kids, husband and two crazy puppies Betty & Jersey. I love being outdoors, gardening, Yoga, writing, taking pictures, baking, social networking, meeting new people and trying new things. I love living in beautiful Bucks County, PA and especially in the Fall!
(Family Picture from the Pumpkin Festival- 2012. I love pumpkins- eating them, carving them and lighting them!)
In addition, I am…
- Member of the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics,
-Practice Groups: 1. Entrepreneurial 2. Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (DIFM) 3. SCAN Sports Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition
- Executive Team Member, Development Chair for DIFM
- Doylestown Food Coop Member
- Campaign Volunteer for Kids Eat Right- supporting the goals and tactics of the Academy’s Childhood Obesity Prevention Coalition.
- Kids Eat Right 2012 2 x Grant Recipient for Healthy Eating in Schools
- Adjunct Nutrition Professor at Bucks County Community College 2012-2014
- Speaker for PA Academy of Pediatrics- EPIC®: Pediatric Obesity Evaluation, Treatment and Prevention Program in Community Settings.
- The Women’s Business Forum – Margaret Meade Member (Bucks County, PA)
- Winner of BEST Nutritionist in Bucks County- 2012-2016 Bucks Happening List.
- Member of the Nutrition Blog Network
- CBAA Girls Soccer Coach 2012-2014, Buckingham United Girls Travel Soccer-Assistant Coach 2013/2014
- Owner of KLF Nutrition Counseling & Education At Eat Right Bucks County!
- A Published Children’s book author: Mommy’s High Heel Shoes
Kristie L. Finnan, RD, LDN
(Oh, and I LOVE Disney World!)